The 6th annual Australian Mobile Phone Lifestyle Index (AMPLI) shows strong uptake in applications and overall growth in the use of services and mobile data.
- Mobile data usage grows
- Mobile applications downloaded by 41 per cent of respondents
- Over half of application users have paid for applications
- Consumption of information services rises
- Use of mobile commerce continues to steadily increase
- Nokia most popular handset followed by Apple
Kilrush Launch Videos
Video segments from the August 18th Australian launch of mobile web and app builder, Kilrush.
New mobile traffic figures show that accesses to mobile news sites have reached record levels over the election period. Points of interest:
Results from Nielsen Mobile Market Intelligence service: Click here to view the report
MIG (Mobile Interactive Group) has licenced the Kilrush platform to Bauer Media to power their mobile platforms on heat, FHM and Zoo. Press Releaes from Bauer Media <http://www.bauermedia.co.uk/press-office/news/bauer-media-re-launches-mobile-web-sites/> MIG press page <http://www.migcan.com/archive/?yy=2010&mm=5>
- Mobile Publishing - Are you confused about Mobile Publishing? Apps vs Web? iPhone vs Android? Where should you focus your marketing/promotions budgets? Allan Robertson of MobileActive and Venessa Hunt of Mobile Embrace will be presenting Kilrush, a powerful mobile publishing tool that will allow you to build iPhone, Android and Blackberry applications all from just one interface.
- VoiceOver & Accessible Apps- Accessibility consultant Tim Noonan from Vocal Branding Australia will briefly explain and demonstrate the VoiceOver accessible features built into the iPhone and iPad. PLUS, reasons why you should ensure your apps are VoiceOver compatible as well as the benefits of including voice and audio media in your apps to extend their general appeal and engagement. Tim also works as a Voice User Interface (VUI) designer in the telephony space.
See you all there!