Mobile Embrace has recently joined a growing number of businesses that are switching their email to Google’s cloud.
As more businesses switch to cloud email and Gmail continues to rise we decided to join local companies like AAPT, NZ post, Macquarie University, the University of Melbourne, Flight Centre, and Ray White and migrate to Gmail.
Here’s 5 Gmail practical and entertaining tools that we found during our migration:
1. Google Documents – A long standing feature of Gmail that allows you to open and edit all popular file formats. It’s a particularly powerful feature that lets you easily share documents and edit documents together in real time all from within a browser.
2. Chat Search – Valuable conversations and links used to be frequently passed around our internal chat system and frequently lost. Gmail’s chat feature saves all this information and collates conversations for easy access next to emails.
3. Tree Theme – This is particularly popular in our office and makes you feel like you’re outside when you’re inside. It gives your email beautiful background pictures of the sky that change depending on what the weather is like in your local city.
4. Undo Function – A lab function that allows you to undo your last sent email if it’s been sent in the last few seconds. Useful if you suddenly release you’ve left something out of the email you've just sent.
5. Mail Goggles – A particularly amusing function that keeps you from sending emails when you probably shouldn't. Basically, you specific a time period and if you try to send email within that period it makes you do a couple math problems before it sends the message. Perhaps something we should all enable on Friday afternoons.
Have you switched to cloud email yet? What do you think of Gmail?